1. solis /
1.1. The AIC must provide the necessary documents:
1) the submission (Annex 1 to the provisions of Regulation No 827 for the year 2016 of the BOM);
2) a copy of the personal identification document;
3) documents certifying education and professional qualifications (diplomas and annexes thereof (extracts of performance);
4) documents from the country of origin regarding the right to work in a particular country (certificates, licences, registration, etc. if any);
5) a statement regarding work experience in foreign states (if any);
6) a statement from the country of origin regarding good repute and the absence of disciplinary violations.
1.2. Documents for the recognition of professional qualifications acquired in the EU in the nursing profession may also be submitted electronically using the European Professional Card platform. For information on the EPC and its extradition procedure, read more https://www.vi.gov.lv/lv/eiropas-professionala-map-vispareja-rupture-mass-profession
The fee for the recognition of professional qualifications shall be EUR 240
• payment must be made in the AIC account;
• payment must be made in the Health Inspectorate account, where the application is submitted using the European Professional Card platform.
Upon receipt of all the documents necessary for the recognition of the qualification of the applicant, the AIC shall draw up a statement regarding the conformity of the educational and professional qualification of the applicant with the requirements specified in the Republic of Latvia and shall send the Health Inspectorate for evaluation and taking of the decision.
AIC postal address:
Ramparts Street 2, Riga LV-1050
Tel.: (+371) 67225155
Other information: http://www.aic.lv/portal/arvalstu-Diploma-atzisana/Country-professionalised-qualifikacija-atzisana-latvia
1.2. The Health Inspectorate shall examine both the applicant's submissions received from the European Professional Card Platform and the applicant's submission received from the AIC, the documents attached thereto. Evaluate the information provided, if necessary, attract experts to evaluate the content of professional qualifications acquired in foreign states with the requirements specified in Latvia (nurse (nurse), physician assistant, nurse assistant, dentist assistant) profession, and take a decision in conformity regarding recognition of professional qualifications, partial recognition with additional requirements or non-recognition.
If the education and professional qualification acquired by the applicant in a regulated profession (nurses (nurse), doctor's assistant, nursing assistant, dental assistant):
• comply with the requirements specified in Latvia for the recognition of professional qualifications, the Health Inspectorate shall take a decision regarding the recognition of professional qualifications, while informing the applicant regarding the time and place of issuance of the professional qualification certificate.
• certify partial compliance with the requirements specified in Latvia for the recognition of professional qualifications, the Health Inspectorate shall take a decision regarding the determination of an adaptation period or qualification conformity check;
• does not comply with the requirements specified in Latvia for the recognition of professional qualifications, the Health Inspectorate shall take a decision regarding the non-recognition of professional qualifications and indicate in the decision the content and duration of the additional necessary education, the information regarding the institution (or institutions, if there is a possible choice) in Latvia, in which the education can be obtained, and the procedures by which the applicant can immediately complete the examinations in order to prove that he or she has a choice. the necessary knowledge for the performance of professional activity in the relevant regulated profession in the Republic of Latvia.
Documents to be submitted
Documents to be submitted