Translated using
State aid for children with celiac disease
Selected Organization: Valsts sociālās apdrošināšanas aģentūra
Brief description:
The State aid for children with celiac disease shall be paid if a certified gastroenterologist has issued a written statement stating that the child has been diagnosed with “celiac disease”.

State aid can be received for a child up to 18 years of age. After reaching the age of 18, the State aid is paid if the child is studying at a comprehensive education or vocational education institution and is not older than 20 years, or studies at a higher education institution in a daytime department (full-time studies) and is not older than 24 years.
Maximum period (in working days):
A decision on the granting of aid to the SAA shall be taken within 10 days of receipt of the application.
Process description
Documents and forms
Other information
1. solis / Service requests
The aid must be requested within 12 months of the issue of the medical certificate. When requesting aid at a later date, it shall only be granted for the preceding 12 months before the date of application for the aid.

In order to request the aid, a specific form of application addressed to the SAA must be completed.
May submit a submission:
• electronically - using the official electronic address (e-address) or e-mail (the application must be signed with a secure electronic signature containing the time stamp);
• on-site (if requested for service, a personal identification document (passport or ID card) must be produced);
• by post.
The application may be submitted to any VSAA customer service centre.

After reaching the age of 18, a statement of a foreign educational institution shall be submitted to the applicant for support for a child who is studying abroad. The document issued by a foreign educational institution must contain information that the person to whom it was issued is trained in a general education or vocational education institution or higher education day department (full-time) during the period specified in the document. The document issued by a foreign education institution must be accompanied by a translation and must be legalised. If the document was issued in the European Union, the European Economic Area State or the Swiss Confederation, as well as in the countries of the agreement, Russia, Belarus and Ukraine, it is not necessary to legalise it.

The submission shall indicate the preferred method of receiving the decision.
Payments: View payments
An e-service in authorities home page VSAA e-address
On the spot
Client Service Center in Aizkraukle
Client Service Center in Aluksne
Client Service Center in Balvi
Client Service Center in Bauska
Client Service Center in Cesis
Show all...
Aizkraukle customer service centre
Aluksne customer service centre
Bauska customer service centre
Cesis customer service centre
Customer service centre in Valka
Show all...