1. solis /
The health inspection must submit:
• a declaration on the provision of short-term services completed in the official language;
• a copy of the identity document;
• a copy of the document certifying the nationality of the applicant and the translation of the document into the official language;
• documents attesting to the education and professional qualifications corresponding to the profession indicated in the declaration (originals or certified copies) and the translation of these documents into the official language;
• documents (originals) issued by the competent authorities of the State of legal status attesting the right of the applicant to pursue professional activity in the profession and the translation of these documents into the official language;
• a document issued by the competent authorities of the State of legal status attesting that the person has not been denied or restricted the right to pursue professional activities in a profession in which temporary services will be provided and a translation of this document into the official language (valid for submission to the recognising authority for three months from the date of their issue);
• if the profession or the education required for its acquisition is not regulated in the country of the legal status of the applicant, a document certifying that the applicant has pursued a professional activity in the profession in question in the last 10 years in the country of the legal status of the applicant or in another Member State of the European Union, or in the Member State of the European Free Trade Association, and a translation of this document in the official language.
The re-declaration shall be accompanied only by documents which contain changes to the documents accompanying the previous declaration or which have expired.
Documents for the provision of short-term services in the nursing profession may also be submitted within the framework of the Internal Market Information System using the European Professional Card platform. For information on the EPC and its extradition procedure, read more https://www.vi.gov.lv/lv/eiropas-professionala-map-vispareja-rupture-mass-profession
Fee for the processing of an application for a person who has obtained education and professional qualifications in another European Union or European Economic Area State and who applies for the receipt of a European Professional Card for a permanent professional activity or for the provision of short-term services in the regulated profession of a sister in the Republic of Latvia - EUR 100.
The Health Inspectorate shall examine the received submission of the applicant, the documents attached thereto.
1) if the declaration has been completed correctly and all necessary documents have been appended thereto, the Health Inspectorate shall inform the applicant regarding the issuance of the permit;
2) if the education and professional qualifications of the applicant differ from the requirements specified in the regulatory enactments of the Republic of Latvia for the relevant regulated profession, the Health Inspectorate shall, within 2 weeks from the date of receipt of the declaration and the documents appended thereto, take a decision to perform the qualification examination and indicate in the decision:
• the content and extent of the knowledge, skills and competences to be identified in the proficiency test;
• an institution in the Republic of Latvia in which the applicant may carry out a qualification check;
• the procedures for testing qualifications;
• the criteria for assessing the qualification;
• the place and time of the proficiency test;
• a fee for the examination of a qualification in accordance with the procedures specified in regulatory enactments, in which the applicant shall cover the expenses related to the examination of a qualification for the provision of short-term services
• 3) in conformity with the result of the qualification examination, take a decision regarding the issuance of a permit or a refusal to issue a permit for the temporary provision of professional services in Latvia.
Documents to be submitted