1. solis /
In order to withdraw from the status of Latvian non-citizen, a person shall submit the following documents:
1) a submission;
2) a copy of the personal identification document of the non-citizen (passports, identification cards);
3) a document attesting the fact of obtaining or guaranteeing citizenship of another State, or a foreign travel document.
Documents can currently be submitted to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs only remotely:
1) using official electronic eAdresi;
2) by means of a secure electronic signature, by sending to e-mail a certified copy of the original of documents signed with a secure electronic signature (a copy of personal identification documents shall not be required to be certified);
3) by post to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs to address: Chickenhill Line 1, k-3, Riga, LV-1026. When sending documents by post, copies of documents must be certified and legalised, with the exception of a copy of the identity document;
If it is necessary to verify the legal strength of the original document or the accuracy of the derivative of the document, the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs may at any time request that the original document be produced.
Documents may also be submitted to the nearest diplomatic or consular mission of Latvia abroad. For possible means of submitting documents, please contact the mission in question or watch on the Internet: https://www.mfa.gov.lv/vestniecibas-and-horse-mackerel
Documents to be submitted