1. solis /
In order to renounce the status of Latvian non-citizen, a person shall submit the following documents:
1) a application;
2) a copy of the personal identification document of the non-citizen (passports, identification cards);
3) a document certifying the fact of acquisition of citizenship of another state or guarantee, or travelling document of a foreign state.
Documents can currently be submitted to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs only remotely:
1) by post to the nearest territorial division of the Office for Citizenship and Migration Affairs: https://www.pmlp.gov.lv/lv/filiales.
When sending documents by post, copies of documents must be certified and legalised, with the exception of a copy of the identity document;
2) by means of a secure electronic signature, by sending to e-mail a certified copy of the original of documents signed with a secure electronic signature (a copy of personal identification documents shall not be required to be certified);
3) using the e-service portal “Application to the Authority” in the www.latvija.lv section, accompanied by certified copies of documents signed with a secure electronic signature (a copy of personal identification documents does not need to be certified).
If it is necessary to verify the legal strength of the original document or the accuracy of the derivative of the document, the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs may at any time request that the original document be produced.
Documents may also be submitted to the nearest diplomatic or consular mission of Latvia abroad. For possible means of submitting documents, please contact the mission in question or watch on the Internet: https://www.mfa.gov.lv/vestniecibas-and-horse-mackerel
Documents to be submitted