Translated using
The family assistant (Liepaja City Council Social Service)
Selected Organization: Liepājas pilsētas pašvaldības administrācija
Brief description:
Family assistant service provides families with children support and training social skills, child care and upbringing, household management.
Maximum period (in working days):
Process description
Other information
1. solis / Service requests
Service requester Liepaja City Council Social Service shall submit an application by specifying the service, your name, surname, personal identity number, address of the place of residence and the justification for the necessity.

Service shall be entitled to:
1) family, which does not have sufficient skills and the children's upbringing and care, to 10 hours a week
2) family, which at least one parent is a person with mental impairments and who need support and training social skills, in the upbringing of children and care, to 15 hours a week.

Information and consultation of the service and the deliverable documents can be obtained from the telephone nr.: 6 34 89671.
Payments: View payments
An e-service in authorities home page Social service e-address
On the spot The Social Services of Social Service
Adrese: Eduarda Veidenbauma iela 3, Liepāja, LV-3401
Tālrunis: 6 34 89655
Other contact details:
Working hours
2. solis / Receipt of services
1. Service shall be granted if the family assistant social workers Social Service has delivered an opinion regarding the necessity of the service.
2. Service shall be granted for a period of up to 12 months. If the family is actively involved in solving their own problems, provision of services can be extended.
3. After the decision making regarding the granting of the service Social Service shall enter into a tripartite agreement with a service requester and service providers.

The family's assistant, suspend the provision of services if:
1) family is not necessary to continue the provision of services, as evidenced by the Social Service's opinion, social workers;
2) a written request to suspend the provision of services;
3) family has changed the place of residence to another local government;
4) the family does not comply with or violates the conditions of the contract;
5) parents of an abandoned child custody rights.
Payments: View payments